Saturday, October 9, 2010

Words coming to fruition

Today I asked the diva more about school. Kindergarten has been a great transition for us and I am proud that (so far) I know her homework! LOL. I am certain I won't always be able to say that and probably sooner than I hope!

Every day when I drop the diva off I say, "I love you. Remember to be a good friend and a good listener." I know I say it so much that some days she says it with me but I really mean it when I say it. Seems like such a simple statement but it can go a long way. There is a new boy with red hair in the diva's class. I asked who the diva plays with at recess and she said named 'a friend' and ___, the new boy." Oh really? How new is he? According to her he's VERY new and she is glad to be his friend. I told her I bet the new boy with red hair is glad that she is being a good friend and the diva agreed.

It appears that not only is the diva being a good friend but mostly a good listener. I am so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment